Friday, October 21, 2011

If You Are Reading This, The World Didn't End!

Is it here yet? The end of the world I mean, is it truly here? Oh yeah, it’s not! That’s tomorrow… sorry I keep getting my doomsday prophecy mixed up with the day American’s Got X-Factor Dance Idol…. Or whatever that shows is called comes on TV….. Actually someone just corrected me and told me doomsday is today… Sorry, it's just so easy to get these doomsdays on the wrong day. Happens to the best prophets throughout history; so why shouldn’t it happen to me?

For a quick recap here is the run down keep reading or for my other blog on the subject click here http://adamgarton.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-end-of-world-as-we-know-it-and-i.html
May 21, 2011 we were all supposed to die a horrible fiery death according to Harold Camping of the Family Radio Worldwide. Well the poor guy got it wrong, the Rapture was to take place that day leaving the rest of us to be judged and suffer until today. Well he had to change his mind a few times but in the end he found the answer, yes the answer to the great question of when the world’s greatest religious genocide would take place. That day would be October 21, 2011! Being the day when we ALL DIE, I think that October 21, 2011 is a terrible date for doomsday! Personally I would have at least waited until Halloween, that way we could all dress up and act all sorts of dumb before dying. But here we are moments away from our doom…. Who the hell am I kidding? This is such a crock of shit, I can’t wait for tomorrow, to wake up to a new day full of the same possibilities that were here toda (which in my town are not many). Now that I think of it, doomsday actually sounds kind of fun. At least it would be a change of pace from my normal humdrum life, an opportunity to experience something new in my small town. Though as I sit wishing for what I would hope to be the Zombie Apocalypse, I fear that tomorrow will simply be another day I wake early, drink my coffee, read the morning news and get ready for the Sooner's ball game tomorrow night.

If you happen to be all doomsday’d and unable to read this note then you won’t mind me saying that I never wanted to write this anyway… It was just needed, because to spread fear and ignorance based upon an idea and not any facts is simply wrong. There are so many other things to spread, like peanut butter, jelly, mayo, germs, disease or even legs when being frisked by the TSA officer at the airport. Fear doesn’t need to be in the mix of things being spread. Have a great weekend and check back soon for the Halloween blog I’m working on. Should be fun… or crap; either way you should read it so I am not just writing notes to myself like a crazy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment